Friday, April 11, 2008

Move baby move!

Today the weather has been a little stormy. The national weather service issued a Thunderstorm Warning and so we all ran downstairs to the Severe Weather areas to wait out the storm. We went to the gym and watched the red blob move across the screen. I felt the flutters I have become accustomed to in these past weeks but didn't think much about it. At 2:45, about a hour after we all sardined ourself in a room, we were released. I was hoping that Robert would be able to leave shortly after but he surprised me by actually having a meeting to go to... so I waited, pondering why I would ever want to car pool again with him - regardless of the cost of gas and the ever warming of the globe. And then... it happened... Out of nowhere, I felt a feeling similar to the feeling you get as the roller coaster approaches the top of the track, shortly before the initial free fall. It was almost sickening. Immediately after the overwhelming feeling of stomach in my throat, the baby moved! It was a definite movement inside of me!!! Like a knuckle rubbing my insides. I haven't felt it again since. I can't wait until I do though!

3 comments:

The Medina Heins' said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously was so overwhelmed with excitement for you when I read this!! I'm so excited for you both!! So glad you're going to be updating regularly!!

Joni and David said...

Yay! I didn't know you guys had a blog! :) I found it though Erin's page. :) Soooo exciting that you felt the baby move!! How far along are you now??

Anonymous said...

Isn't it such a wonderful feeling! I get chills reading about it. Rubbing knuckles is the exact same way I exlained the feeling too!! Enjoy it! It is what I miss most about not being pregnant anymore.