Friday, July 18, 2008

Portland Baby Shower

My trip to Portland was EXHAUSTING but so much fun. Thursday was a little rough starting - Atlanta Airport basically shut down for 4 hours and I ended up missing my flight and going back home and starting over. Friday mom picked me up from the airport and we bought a few groceries, picked up my friend Erik from the train station and headed home. We probably had about 40 people show up and visit. As you can see everyone had a nice time sitting and relaxing with one another. It was great to see everyone but I think next time I go home, I wouldn't mind just having one on one visits with our friends.
Kids jumping on trampoline Eleanor, Some lady I can't remember, Vicki and Eleanor's Brother Dexter, Harvey, Jeff - sitting, relaxing on the deck
My friend/coworker Erik came down from Seattle to visit. While he was here, he did so much work! It was so appreciated and he ended up "manning the grill". It was funny though, a huge 24 pack of HUGE hot dogs got left out and my mom's two dogs got a hold of them. The next day they had the worst food hangover EVER.
Saturday was BUSY! We dropped Erik off at the train station, then Laurel, Mary and I went to go get pedicures at Spa-La-La in Portland. Afterwards we had lunch at the Old Wives Tale. After lunch Laurel and I hung out and went to some cute consignment shops around Portland. I bought some VERY cute items for our baby girl to wear next year. I can't wait to see her in them!
Later that afternoon, My roommate from college (Meaghan) drove up from Klamath Falls Saturday evening. We ended up going to Rock Creek Tavern . I really missed the beer while I was there :( It was great to catch up with her!
Sunday - My friends Mary and Lauren threw me an awesome baby shower! It was more than I could have ever asked for. Baby Girl received a TON of clothes and in all different sizes so we should be set for a VERY long time. I haven't had a chance to take pictures of some of my favorite items (I will do that in the next few days). Here are a few pictures from the shower.

Laurel made this cute quilt for us! I especially love it because it's made of a soft flannel and it's USABLE - meaning I will be able wash it and lay the baby on it. I love quilts but usually don't see a use for when they are so pretty you can't actually use them.

This picture cracks me up because no one is paying attention...HILARIOUS Becca and I Beaverton Bakery Cupcakes and a cute cute diaper cake!

My belly went on a growth spurt between the time I wen to bed on Friday night and the time I woke up on Saturday.

Mary, Donna, Laurel, Me, Meaghan - the "bouquet" is made of onesies and baby socks

My lovely hostesses Lauren and Mary - Thank you girls so much!!!

See that huge belly? I was 28 weeks!
This is such a great picture of Mike and his daughter Grace. This is Lauren's hubby and baby. This is why we bought the Nikon - I LOVE this picture! Everyone enjoying themselves
After the shower we went to my mom's friend's house to visit a while. Their dog Libby likes to smile - but only at people she likes - apparently she REALLY likes Becca!
On Monday I got to FINALLY see my friend LaRina and her new baby girl Samantha. She's such a sweet sweet baby. I think this is the first time ever that my hair is actually longer than LaRina's! WOW!!! I really like this picture. It makes my hair look like I spent hours with a curling iron but this is all "natural" - with the exception of a quick flat iron to my bangs. I love my hair dresser!!! My mom is SOOOOOO ready to be a grandma!!! She put Samantha to sleep immediately and she slept in our arms for nearly 2 hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got some awesome baby gifts!! :) The babies room is looking so cute already! And WOW, Becca is all grown up! I'll always think of her as being like 9 years old! I can't wait to see pics when the baby comes! Take care Momma!