Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My first Mother's day

This was my first year that I was able to proudly celebrate Mother's day for myself. Robert did a fantastic job of making me feel special. A few weeks ago I had mentioned that I would like to have a ring in a size or two larger than my wedding bands so that when my fingers swelled I would still be able to wear a wedding band. I am ok with being knocked up, but I sure as hell am not going to be knocked up, in the south, and look like I'm not married... Robert surprised me with a right hand, fat fingered ring and a cute "Mother-to-be" card. The baby surprised me with yet another vomit session at the Porcelain Throne. This time it was at my Father In Law's house. Puking at home, in your own toilet is one thing, but its WAY worse at someone else's toilet. Later that day we spent the rest of the afternoon at Robert's brother's house for a light lunch/dinner. It was a great day! Here's a picture of me, at 19 weeks, with a new hair cut and a rejuvenated soul after a day of retail and hair therapy. Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful women in the world who are mothers, or will be mothers someday.

No comments: