Thursday, May 22, 2008

Banana = 10.5 inches long


And this week is "Banana" week.

Here's what the nest says this week

"Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch."

If the baby is developing taste buds now, that means that my baby is going to eat Lucky Charms morning, noon and night (and all the times in between). Monday during our weekly grocery shopping excursion I had a craving... yes, one of those stereotypical commercial type pregnancy cravings where a pregnant woman has this INSANE NEED for some crazy food and she MUST HAVE IT NOW... and that craving was none other but LUCKY CHARMS cereal. I don't feel too bad about it because, after all, it's Whole Grain, Vitamin Fortified and Magically Delicious.

I've mentioned this before, but I am constantly amazed how my taste buds have reverted 22 years to that of a Five Year old! I can some how justify that fish sticks and tater tots is a healthy and adequate meal for Robert and I. I barely eat my way through a well rounded meal of grilled pork chops, peas and rice, but Easy Mac makes a fantastic breakfast these days.

As long as the baby is growing as it should be and I'm not gaining any excessive weight above the guidelines, then I think the Lucky Charms is providing us all the nutrients we need.

Baby Morgan, I can't wait to meet you in 136 days! I love you already!

3 comments:

The Medina Heins' said...

This posting brought tears to my eyes! How cute is she?!?! I can't wait to see what baby Morgan looks like too!! Looks like the name voting is going well!! Keep posting pics I love 'em!

Joni and David said...

Only 136 days? Wow..that doesn't seem long at all. I love all of your maternity clothes, they are sooo cute!! And the cravings totally crack me up! :) Glad everything is going so well thanks for keeping us updated! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute shirt!!! :o)

~Rachel J.