Thursday, May 15, 2008

Is it a boy or a girl???

From day one this baby has been a handful. Coupled with me being very much a worry wart about EVERY LITTLE THING, it's been quite an eventful pregnancy...even for a pregnancy that hasn't had any complications.

In a previous entry, I wrote about the "emergency" ultrasound we had at 15 weeks, one week prior to the regularly scheduled appt. Well - Yesterday we had another unscheduled Dr appt. I think my dr is going to get sick of me. I certainly did not mean for the appt to happen, it just sort of did...

I called the office to see if there was a chance we could reschedule the "Big" ultrasound since I had a training class that was going to conflict with the appt. While I had the receptionist on the phone I asked her if it was normal to not feel movement for a day or so when I am 19 1/2 weeks along. I wish she would have said "yes" and we would have been on our merry way. But... instead, she wanted me to come in to check the heart sounds. Ok...

Robert and I headed to the Dr's office - only to find that the baby's little ticker was beating beautifully at 155 bpm. But...since we were there, why not just do the big ultrasound that day??? Cool! Now I don't have to miss half a day of training... well our little stinker of a stubborn child was turned funny and would not despite the technician's efforts to TURN the baby, show off it's goods...

Everything looked great, the baby is healthy, measuring right on time, but we are SOOO dissappointed that the "Maybe baby girl" wouldn't let us know for sure if we're on team pink, or team blue. I know I should be joyous about a healthy baby, but man! I really wanted to know for sure. So... because of the way the baby was positioned, the technician couldn't get a good picture of the four heart chambers and we're headed back on June 10 for ANOTHER ultrasound... hopefully this time the baby will cooperate a little better! What a stinker!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your doctor! You get a lot of ultrasounds, despite her modesty, it's good to see the baby so often.