Monday, August 25, 2008

So, you're having twins???

Apparently when you're pregnant, people decide that they have the right to comment about your weight, your size, your diet, your birth plans, etc. Everyone has an opinion and more than likely it is different than the woman who is the one actually carrying the child. Very frustrating in my opinion.
I had my fair share of "morning" sickness this pregnancy, so if I wanted to eat Easy Mac for breakfast - because that is the ONLY thing that sounded remotely edible AND would not make me vomit, then I did it.
Being 6 weeks out, I have not gained excessive weight and my doctors are very pleased with my progress. They don't care that I stop at McDonald's for a soft serve cone every chance I get. All they are concerned about is that my Blood Pressure is "phenomenal", my urine is clear of toxins and the baby is growing on schedule. They don't even blink when they look at my stretch marked belly.
At any rate, some people enjoy passing judgement or offering unwelcome advice. Last Monday, a stranger at work came up to me and made the comment of "So, any day now, huh!??!!"
When I gently replied that I had 7 weeks left, she then thought to take the comment one step further and ask "Oh, so you're having twins???" ......................................
............................................
Um, NO, but thanks for making me feel like an even larger whale than I already am.
For your viewing pleasure, I have added a belly shot from that day, wearing the same outfit. I was 33 weeks along.

2 comments:

Joni and David said...

Hahah it's so funny how people always have an opnion for everything. You look great, don't listen to them! Baby Avery needs more time but I am sure you are more than ready to be done!

julie said...

I think you look so cute!! I hate the rude comments too!