Monday, January 14, 2008

Welcome Baby Jackie!

One of my best Huntsville friends, Lisa had a baby last year. She had a precious baby girl named Jackie - and we adore the crap out of that little girl! Dee and I hosted a shower for Lisa. It was a bit of a crazy time in our life, as Robert and I had just closed on our new house TWO days before the shower. The best thing about it, was that I was able to break in our new kitchen. I found out that I was a suprisingly organized and systematic in the way I unpacked. When I was planning my wedding, I decided to attempt to create my own invitations. I think I did a fantastic job (if I do say so myself) and so that experience gave me the courage to try invites again! Lisa had already painted and prepared her nursery in a super cute green/pink theme and thus, it was my invitation inspiration. This is what I came up with for the invites! Poor Lisa, had to help me address them because I was entirely too spacey to do it by myself. AND... One of my favorite CRAZY JOEY (Lisa's (then) 3 year old son) stories that came out of this baby shower event... Lisa and Daniel had just purchased a Wii for their household and so while us women were at the baby shower, oogling over cute dresses and baby crap, the boys were going to stay at home and play the video game. So, Lisa asked Joey, "Joe Joe, do you know what you and Daddy are going to do w/ Uncle Stu while we're at baby Jackie's shower???" Joey smartly replies "go in the baby's room and look around..." Apparently, Lisa had been doing a little too much showing off of the nursery according to Joey. HILARIOUS!

2 comments:

Monica said...

This invitation is gorgeous!!! I love it! You could make money designing and selling these!

NinjaCupcake said...

Sarah, these's are so pretty! You can totally plan my shower ;-)