Monday, June 9, 2008

Yes, baby, I feel you...

Last Saturday, (May 31, 2008) it happened! I felt my first kick from the outside!!! Robert and I had rented the movie "27 Dresses" and were having a relaxing movie night at home and the baby started moving around. I gently pressed into the area where I felt flutters and ::crickets:: NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. Baby stopped. Well since I had nothing else better to do, I waited, and waited and FINALLY I felt 2 or 3 really prominent, KICKS from the outside. I tried to have Robert feel but he couldn't feel any of the kicks against his hand.

Since then the kicks have become much more frequent and predominant - so COOL!!! The baby weighs about 1 pound now and is about 11 inches long!!!

Last night I think the baby was practing its back flip while I settled down into bed... Robert had already fell asleep and therefore missed out on the kicks again. I am hoping tonight we can find a time to lay down and get the baby going and hopefully he can share this great experience. It's just sooo cool!

4 comments:

The Medina Heins' said...

Yay GIRL!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!!!

Joni and David said...

That is soo cool you can feel the baby kicking AND that you it's a GIRL forsure this time!! :)

Lisa said...

how did you like 27 dresses? Should I add it to my NetFlix Q?

Anonymous said...

Aww...so much fun! Have you narrowed down a name yet?

Rjohnson